Frequently Asked Questions
- WHAT IS PUBLIC HOUSING?
- WHO IS ELIGIBLE FOR PUBLIC HOUSING?
- HOW DOES THE APPLICATION PROCESS WORK?
- WILL I NEED TO PRODUCE ANY DOCUMENTATION?
- WHEN WILL I BE NOTIFIED?
We will provide written notification. You must keep your address and phone number updated with our office. If we determine that you are eligible, your name will be put on a waiting list. Once your name is near the top of the waiting list we will contact you for an Intake Appointment to update your information. During this appointment you must provide all current income information for everyone in the household.
- WILL I HAVE TO SIGN A LEASE?
- HOW IS RENT DETERMINED?
- HOW LONG CAN I STAY IN PUBLIC HOUSING?
- HOW DOES SECTION 8 DIFFER FROM PUBLIC HOUSING?
- WHAT ARE THE HOURS OF OPERATION FOR THE TERRE HAUTE HOUSING AUTHORITY?
- WHERE IS THE CENTRAL OFFICE LOCATED?
- I RECEIVED A LETTER FOR AN INTAKE APPOINTMENT. WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?
- I AM NOT ABLE TO ATTEND MY INTAKE APPOINTMENT. CAN I RESCHEDULE?
- I HAVE BEEN DENIED ASSISTANCE AND WOULD LIKE MORE INFORMATION AS TO WHY?
- I KNOW SOMEONE WHO IS COMMITING FRAUD, OR HAVE A GENERAL COMPLAINT ABOUT ONE OF YOUR PROPERTIES. HOW CAN I REPORT THEM OR FILE A COMPLAINT?
- I AM ALREADY LIVING IN PUBLIC HOUSING WITH THE TERRE HAUTE HOUSING AUTHORITY, BUT I NEED TO REPORT A CHANGE OR I HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT MY RENT STATEMENT?