Frequently Asked Questions
The application currently is a written form. We must have the following to start the process:
(1) Names of all persons who would be living in the unit, their sex, date of birth and relationship to the family head;
(2) Your present address and telephone number;
(3) Family characteristics such as being homeless (living in a shelter), or a victim of domestic violence.
(4) Names and addresses of your current and previous landlords for the past five years.
(5) An estimate of your family's anticipated income for the next twelve months and the sources of that income;
(6) The names and addresses of employers, banks, and any other information the Housing Authority would need to verify your income and deductions, and to verify the family composition; and;
(7) We may also visit you in your home to interview you and your family members to see how you manage the upkeep of your current home.
After obtaining this information, a Terre Haute Housing Authority representative should describe the public housing program and its requirements, and answer any questions you might have.