Frequently Asked Questions
- WHAT IS PUBLIC HOUSING?
- WHO IS ELIGIBLE FOR PUBLIC HOUSING?
- HOW DOES THE APPLICATION PROCESS WORK?
- WILL I NEED TO PRODUCE ANY DOCUMENTATION?
- WHEN WILL I BE NOTIFIED?
- WILL I HAVE TO SIGN A LEASE?
- HOW IS RENT DETERMINED?
- HOW LONG CAN I STAY IN PUBLIC HOUSING?
- HOW DOES SECTION 8 DIFFER FROM PUBLIC HOUSING?
- WHAT ARE THE HOURS OF OPERATION FOR THE TERRE HAUTE HOUSING AUTHORITY?
- WHERE IS THE CENTRAL OFFICE LOCATED?
- I RECEIVED A LETTER FOR AN INTAKE APPOINTMENT. WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?
- I AM NOT ABLE TO ATTEND MY INTAKE APPOINTMENT. CAN I RESCHEDULE?
- I HAVE BEEN DENIED ASSISTANCE AND WOULD LIKE MORE INFORMATION AS TO WHY?
Please call our office at 812-232-1381 and we will discuss why you were denied. You may have the option to appeal the decision. Or you may click HERE to view and print our “Request for Appeal” form. You can view/print this form, fill it out and return to our office at P.O. Box 3086, Terre Haute, IN 47803.
The Request for Appeal must be within 14 days of the date of your denial letter.
- I KNOW SOMEONE WHO IS COMMITING FRAUD, OR HAVE A GENERAL COMPLAINT ABOUT ONE OF YOUR PROPERTIES. HOW CAN I REPORT THEM OR FILE A COMPLAINT?
- I AM ALREADY LIVING IN PUBLIC HOUSING WITH THE TERRE HAUTE HOUSING AUTHORITY, BUT I NEED TO REPORT A CHANGE OR I HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT MY RENT STATEMENT?